The Procurement Technical Assistance Center promotes the development of community and economic development partnerships by providing technical, business training and consulting services to companies entering or participation in the government contracting marketplace.
We are government marketing specialists who help businesses use government contracting to its fullest potential. We participate in Department of Defense national training and those of other federal and state agencies related to procurement regulations and keep our clients up to date on the latest issues in the government contracting environment.
The Center’s goal is to generate employment and improve the economy of southwestern and western Virginia by assisting business firms in their efforts to obtain and perform under federal, state, and local government contracts.
We are headquartered at Southwest Virginia Community College, Richlands, VA
The PTAC consortium includes the following community colleges :
- Mountain Empire Community College, Big Stone Gap, Virginia
- New River Community College, Dublin, Virginia
- Patrick Henry Community College, Martinsville, Virginia
- Virginia Highlands Community College, Abingdon, Virginia
- Wytheville Community College, Wytheville, Virginia
SWCC PTAC, which services as a Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC), is funded in part through a cooperative agreement from the Department of Defense (DoD) through a program that is administered by the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA). The content of any written materials or verbal communications for the PTAC does not necessarily reflect the official views of or imply endorsement by DoD or DLA.
PTAC Service Area
The PTAC service area includes the following counties :
No Fee Services are Provided to All Clients
The PTAC offers a computerized Bid Matching Service to locate federal, state and local bid opportunities pertinent to your business. Bid Matches are based on a profile of your company’s capabilities, products and services. The PTAC counselor will assist you in defining these criteria.
The PTAC can assist Virginia businesses in the following areas:
- GSA Schedules
- Understanding and applying Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Getting registered to do business with the government
- The language and basic understanding of contracting
- Small business certifications, including 8a, HUBZone
- Matching and marketing your product or service to the appropriate government agencies
- Interpretation of solicitation (bid match) and assistance with the bidding and proposal process
- Follow-up assistance with pre and post contract award procedures
- Mentor/Protégé Program
- Sub-contracting opportunities with Prime Contractors
- Sub-contractor search for Prime Contractors with Small Business Programs
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
- eVA – State of Virginia purchasing system
- SWAM & Micro business certifications